FAQ – VITA AWARD
- When does the submission period end?
- When does the submission period start?
- What languages can be used for submission?
- What do you have to prepare when submitting your contribution?
- How do you submit?
- What do we expect of your contributions?
- Who can participate in the Award?
- Who or what is PROMOTE / IMPACT?
- What can you win?
- Who will be invited to Thessaloniki?
- Who determines the winners?
- How do you know you've won?
- When will the award ceremony take place?
- What conditions do you accept by submitting a project?
- Who are the organisers of the competition?
- Any further questions
When does the submission period end?
All submission must be received by August 15th, 2016, 24:00 h
When does the submission period start?
You can submit case studies or projects right away.
What languages can be used for submission?
Submissions can be made only in English.
What do you have to prepare when submitting your contribution?
Your contribution should deal with innovative informal or non-formal learning projects that also show how learning outcomes and competence developments can be assessed and evidenced in one of the following sectors:
- High school
- Vocational training
- Adult education
- Youth in Action
Make sure you submit the following materials:
- Completed submission sheet in English
- If applicable, attachments, such as photos, films, charts, reports etc.
How do you submit?
Ongoing or completed, existing or planned case studies, initatives or projects can enter the competition. You are invited to upload your contribution in this VITA e-portfolio.
For this purpose, please proceed as follows:
The six steps to Thessaloniki:
- read the info on myVita home
- click here to submit
- fill in sheet
- if applicable, upload file
- maybe win?
What do we expect of your contributions?
We are interested in receiving a concrete idea on your learning project or initiative that should:
- work in an innovative and novel fashion;
- focus on integrating competence oriented learning in their learning contexts;
- target also social, personal and organisational competences;
- reflect on/consider ways of measuring and documenting learner’s development in relation to these competences;
- promote understanding and awareness for the evaluation / validation of informal and non-formal learning and highlight its value either for the individual (whose competences were validated) or
- for the organisation (who validates competences)
In 2016 we would be specifically keen on practice projects that (either/or):
- work at the interface of academic and business (the PROMOTE focus)
- integrate innovative learning technologies in both validation and learning processes (the IMPACT focus)
- relate to the continuing professional development of professionals in Adult Education (the OWL focus)
You can submit any evidence: it may be an interview with a person who experienced the benefit of having his/her competences validated, or with an assessor or evaluator, a video of a validation session, examples of working sheets, portfolios etc.
The submitted projects will be evaluated by the jury and the selected ones will be awarded in Mechelen in September 2016 in the framework of the final conference of the European projects PROMOTE and IMPACT. The jury decides on the order of the worthy projects.
Who can participate in the Award?
Individuals, companies, training funds, professional groups, NGOs, VET schools, schools, universities, public authorities, youth organisations, institutions of LLL, civic society organisations, social partners, evaluators and researchers are invited to submit their contributions.
Participants must live in one of the following countries:
- 28 Member States of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Turkey.
Who or what are PROMOTE and IMPACT?
Both are EU-project funded in the framework of the Erasmus+ Programme and promote the validation of informal and non-formal learning and the development of key competences.
They are both part of a series of projects in which a group of European partners has been collaborating to develop and test the LEVEL5 system aimed to validate competences acquired outside or parallel to formal education under specific consideration of social, personal and organisational competences.
What can you win?
You can win: a two-day trip to Thessaloniki (22./23. September 2016) – all travel, accommodation and subsistence costs for one person per winning project will be covered by the projects.
The two days include:
- Get-together with European partners and award winners on September 22nd;
- Presentation of award winning projects during the conference on September 22nd with an international audience from all educational fields;
- Participatin in the conference incl. insights in the innovative validation system on competence oriented learning and validation;
- Presentation of all award winners on the PROMOTE / IMPACT website and in the specific project newsletters that will be published in October 2016.
The prize can neither be consumed at a later point in time nor redeemed in cash.
Who will be invited to Thessaloniki?
An independent jury will determine the best projects. Representatives of the best projects will be invited to Thessaloniki.
Who determines the winners?
From among the submissions received complete and in time, a pre-selection of nominated projects will be submitted to a jury. This independent jury, appointed by PROMOTE / IMPACT, will determine the projects that will receive the award. The jury will choose the best projects and decide on the winners. No appeal is admissible against the jury's decision.
How do you know you've won?
We will get in touch with the contact persons of the pre-selected projects by 30th of August 2016. These project owners stand a good chance of winning and can make a note of the dates for the trip to Thessaloniki, and will be informed of the jury's decision as soon as possible.
When will the award ceremony take place?
The award ceremony will take place on September 22nd/23rd, 2016 in Thessaloniki, Greece.
What conditions do you accept by submitting a project?
By submitting a project, you accept that PROMOTE / IMPACT is entitled to publish the submitted materials on the Internet or in other media also in modified form, and that your data can be electronically processed and published.
All submissions must be in line with European copyright laws. Short quotes may be used if the source is clearly listed. Images, film, sound and other multimedia sources can be used if they were produced by you, if the author has given his/her explicit consent, or if they are freely accessible sources such as ClipArt.
Your submissions shall contain no statements, facts, information or quotes which are hurtful to or disparaging of individuals or groups. Your submissions shall contain no statements, facts, information or quotes on the basis of which people can be persecuted due to the colour of their skin, their opinions, nationality, gender, profession or conviction. Your submissions shall not encourage others to commit crimes or violate laws.
Who are the organisers of the competition?
The VITA award is organised by:
The project partnerships PROMOTE and IMPACT.
Please write in English to: email@example.com