FAQ – VITA AWARD
- When does the submission period end?
- When does the submission period start?
- What languages can be used for submission?
- What do you have to prepare when submitting your contribution?
- How do you submit?
- What do we expect of your contributions?
- Who can participate in the Award?
- Who or what is REVEAL?
- What can you win?
- Who will be invited to Alden Biesen?
- Who determines the winners?
- How do you know you've won?
- When will the award ceremony take place?
- What conditions do you accept by submitting a project?
- Who are the organisers of the competition?
- Any further questions
When does the submission period end?
All submission must be received by October 31st, 2018, 24:00 h
When does the submission period start?
You can submit case studies or projects right away.
What languages can be used for submission?
Submissions can be made only in English.
What do you have to prepare when submitting your contribution?
Your contribution should deal with innovative informal or non-formal learning projects that also show how learning outcomes and competence developments can be assessed and evidenced in one of the following sectors:
- High school
- Vocational training
- Adult education
- Youth in Action
Make sure you submit the following materials:
- Completed submission sheet in English
- If applicable, attachments, such as photos, films, charts, reports etc.
How do you submit?
Ongoing or completed, existing or planned case studies, initatives or projects can enter the competition. You are invited to upload your contribution in this VITA e-portfolio.
For this purpose, please proceed as follows:
The six steps to Alden Biesen:
- read the info on myVita home
- click here to submit
- fill in sheet
- if applicable, upload file
- maybe win?
What do we expect of your contributions?
We are interested in receiving a concrete idea on your course, learning project or initiative that should:
- work in an innovative and novel fashion;
- focus on integrating competence oriented learning in their learning contexts;
- target also social, personal and organisational competences;
- reflect on/consider ways of measuring and documenting learner’s development in relation to these competences;
- promote understanding and awareness for the evaluation / validation of informal and non-formal learning and highlight its value either for the individual (whose competences were validated) or
- for the organisation (who validates competences)
In 2018 we would be specifically keen on award entries that deal with KA1 projects for continuing professional development of educational professionals in Europe.
You can submit any evidence: it may be an interview with a person who experienced the benefit of having his/her competences validated, or with an assessor or evaluator, a video of a validation session, examples of working sheets, portfolios etc.
The submitted projects will be evaluated by the jury and the selected ones will be awarded during the REVEAL conference in Alden Biesen, Belgium. The jury decides on the order of the worthy projects.
Who can participate in the Award?
Individuals, companies, training funds, professional groups, NGOs, VET schools, schools, universities, public authorities, youth organisations, institutions of LLL, civic society organisations, social partners, evaluators and researchers are invited to submit their contributions.
Participants must live in one of the following countries:
- 28 Member States of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Turkeyas well as the Balkan countriestop
Who or what is REVEAL?
REVEAL is a European Educational Network for Competence Oriented Learning and Validation.
It has been developed since 2005 and currently consists of institutions and individuals from 27 European States, including universities, European umbrella organisations, educational institutions, schools, vocational training institutions and various non-governmental organisations from different sectors.
REVEAL is also a EU-project funded in the framework of the Erasmus+ Programme. REVEAL stands for “Reconstructing an Environment for continuing professional development and Validation for Educators in Adult Learning. It focuses on Erasmus+ KA1 courses for Adult Educators and seeks to make the European course offers visible and comparable in the neutral EQF system (European Qualification Framework). At the same time the project provides an attractive marketing system for these courses.
It is part of a series of projects in which a group of European partners has been collaborating to develop and test the LEVEL5 system aimed to validate competences acquired outside or parallel to formal education under specific consideration of social, personal and organisational competences.
For more information, please have a look at: https://reveal-eu.org/project
What can you win?
You can win: a two-day trip to Alden Biesen - all travel, accommodation and subsistence costs for one person per winning project will be covered by the projects.
The two days include:
- Get-together with European partners and award winners;
- Presentation of award winning projects during the conference on with an international audience from all educational fields;
- Participatin in the conference incl. insights in innovative CPD practice, the validation system on competence oriented learning and validation;
- Presentation of all award winners on the REVEAL website and in the specific project newsletters that will be published after the conferences.
The prize can neither be consumed at a later point in time nor redeemed in cash.
Who will be invited to Alden Biesen?
An independent jury will determine the best projects. Representatives of the best projects will be invited to Alden Biesen.
Who determines the winners?
From among the submissions received complete and in time, a pre-selection of nominated projects will be submitted to a jury. This independent jury, appointed by REVEAL, will determine the projects that will receive the award. The jury will choose the best projects and decide on the winners. No appeal is admissible against the jury's decision.
How do you know you've won?
We will get in touch with the winners by 05.11.2018.
When will the award ceremony take place?
The award ceremony will take place on November 15th, 2018, in Alden Biesen, Belgium.
What conditions do you accept by submitting a project?
By submitting a project, you accept that REVEAL is entitled to publish the submitted materials on the Internet or in other media also in modified form, and that your data can be electronically processed and published.
All submissions must be in line with European copyright laws. Short quotes may be used if the source is clearly listed. Images, film, sound and other multimedia sources can be used if they were produced by you, if the author has given his/her explicit consent, or if they are freely accessible sources such as ClipArt.
Your submissions shall contain no statements, facts, information or quotes which are hurtful to or disparaging of individuals or groups. Your submissions shall contain no statements, facts, information or quotes on the basis of which people can be persecuted due to the colour of their skin, their opinions, nationality, gender, profession or conviction. Your submissions shall not encourage others to commit crimes or violate laws.
Who are the organisers of the competition?
The VITA award is organised by:
The project partnership REVEAL.
Please write in English to: email@example.com